What you’ll need:
- Eero iOS app or Android app (this can be found HERE for Android devices and HERE for IOS devices. )
- Minimum iOS version 12.0 and minimum Android OS version 7.0
- At least one 1st or 2nd-generation eero an eero 6 or an eero Pro 6 (the beacon and eero 6 extender cannot be used to start a network but added to an existing one)
- Mobile device with a data connection (If you don't have access to a data connection, see Eeros workaround instructions HERE.)
- Internet service provided into your home
- Cable or DSL modem (if required)*
STEP 1: Download the eero app for iOS or Android:
STEP 2: Create an eero account or Log In with your Amazon Account
To begin setting up your new eero network, you will need to get Logged In. You can either Log In using your Amazon account information, or you can make an eero account. You will need to enter your phone number and email address. By default, we’ll send a verification code to your phone number Enter this code on the verification screen of the app to create your account.
STEP 3: Set up your eero Gateway
Your Gateway is the primary eero, needed to establish your network. The eero app will guide you through setting up your gateway eero in three easy steps:
- First, unplug your old modem and router from power. If you have other wireless equipment connected to your modem, please unplug it as well.
- Connect your Gateway eero device to your modem using the Ethernet cable that came in the box. You can use either of the Ethernet ports on the back of your eero.
- Plug your Gateway eero device into an available power outlet, then reconnect your modem to power. Your eero device’s status light will start flashing white. For placement tips, including DO's and DON'Ts, visit HERE